Again, I am amazed that yet another month has flown by. Time has seemed to move way too quickly this past year. In just one short month, Baby J will be one year old. It’s hard to believe that one year ago, I was waiting to go into labor, certain that Baby J would be early. Hahaha… oh my, how I was wrong! Baby J is our absolute biggest blessing and I am so happy that I get to be his mama. It’s been a fairly uneventful month in terms of milestones met, but at the same time, being Baby J’s mama is never boring! He’s my favorite. 🙂
This month Baby J has:
– Gotten 4 teeth, bringing the total to 7 teeth!
– Added pomegranate seeds, hot dogs, cow’s milk (in oatmeal), and beans into his diet
– Celebrated Mother’s Day with his mama
– Taken his first step (singular… kiddo is NOT walking yet)
– Started saying “mama,” “daddeee,” “nana (banana),” “nenna (for Aunt Jenna),” “no,” and “yes” in their correct contexts to the correct person
– Knows where his belly button is and is able to point to it on his body
Dear Baby J,
You are growing quickly before my eyes. Today, mama got very teary thinking about how fast this year has gone and how very soon you are going to be one year old. Last year, around this time, I was anxiously awaiting your arrival. I was so excited to meet you. You are about a million times better than I EVER could have imagined you to be. You are a funny little boy. You have such a great sense of humor and love to make your mama and daddee laugh. It’s really quite awesome. This month, you got sick and all you wanted to do was cuddle. I can’t help but say that that was a pretty awesome week for mama. You’re usually such a busy boy getting into EVERYTHING that for you to stop and want to cuddle up on the couch with me, was a treat. I loved it. You are such an affectionate little dude. I love that you’ll be playing and crawl right on up to mama and lay your head on my shoulder and give me a genuine hug, and when I’m lucky, a kiss too. You are one of my biggest blessings and I love you more than all the stars in the sky, more than the moon, more than the sun, and more than chocolate.
I love you forever,