It’s come to my realization that I absolutely LOVE to have people over for dinner. Stressful beforehand trying to clean up our house (several times because I have a mini-tornado crawling around), but I absolutely love to have people over, feed them, and entertain. It’s a gift both my husband and I both share. Well, every time I’ve had people over and I need to find an easy and healthy side dish, I make roasted veggies. Sometimes I use brussels sprouts, sometimes asparagus, sometimes broccoli, green beans… pretty much any yummy veggie can be cooked this way and still turn out AMAZING. So, here is the recipe for a delicious side dish. The last few times I’ve made these, Mr. Wonderful has grilled some chicken and it’s gone perfectly well.
Roasted Veggies (Brussels sprouts, broccoli, green beans, asparagus, potatoes, etc.):
1 1/4 cup olive oil
juice of 2-3 lemons
1-1 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
black pepper to taste
Italian seasoning to taste
1. Wash and prepare all the veggies. I usually cut off the stems of the broccoli heads, any brown off asparagus, and cut my brussels sprouts in half.
If you use potatoes, I recommend boiling them for 5 minutes to soften them since they’ll still be firm if you don’t boil them before roasting them. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix all the ingredients together and whisk.
3. Spray a cookie sheet with some cooking oil. Spread out veggies on cookie sheet.
4. Drizzle your mixture over the veggies.
5. Place into the oven for 10 minutes. Pull out, turn over veggies, and put back in oven for 5-7 minutes.
6. Let cool for 5 minutes and then eat!